Today, on the Linked Open Data Cloud, there are hundreds of data sets comprised of over 25 billion statements with hundreds of millions of links between them. These data sets don’t share a single schema. They cooperate without needing to coordinate and interlink by using the same fundamental mechanism that allows the World Wide Web to flourish, the URL.
The Government Linked Data (GLD) Workshop in the course of the Open Government Data Camp 2011 in Warsaw, Poland (taking place in the afternoon of the 20th of October 2011) will discuss the current status and best practices for linking open government data.
The workshop is planned for 4 hours in the afternoon 02.00pm to 06.00pm CEST of the 20th October 2011.
Keynote Session (1 hour)
Martin Kaltenböck, LOD2 project, Managing Partner of Semantic Web Company, Austria: From Open Data to Linked Open Data, the LOD2 project and the respective Use Cases: publicdata.eu
Bernadette Hyland, W3C Government Linked Data Working Group co-chair and 3 Round Stones CEO, USA: Why Share and Who Benefits & the progress of the W3C Government Linked Data WG (objective, status, participation)
- EC DG INFSO
Luca Martinelli, European Commission (DG INFSO): The Open Data Strategy of the European Commission
Lighting Talks Session (1.5 hours)
- Best Practices and concrete Use Cases of Linked Open Government Data
(~ 8 lightning talks a 6 minutes & 4 minutes Q&A each)
Please see Call for Ligthningtalks!!
Interactive session in small working groups (1 hour)
- Work on 3-4 topics around GLD in 3-4 small & moderated working groups
Wrap Up and Close Up (1/2 hour)
- Presentation and discussion of the results of the small working groups
- Wrap up and close up of the workshop
Call for Ligthningtalks
For the ‘best practise lightning talk session‘ the organisers of the workshop announce a Call for Ligthningtalks (CfL) to invite interested people to write a short application about their concrete Linked Government data project to be chosen to present this best practise in the course of the GLD workshop at the OGD camp 2011!
- Deadline for submission of lightning talks: 12.10. 2011, 08.00pm CEST
- Information about chosen lightning talks: not later then 14.10. 2011, 10.00am CEST
- Lightning talks will take place in the course of the GLD workshop: 20.10. 2011, 02.00pm – 06.00pm CEST
- Call for Lightning Talks submission form